Airbnb is an online community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book accommodations.
- CEO: Brian Chesky
- Mission: We’re united with our ability to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
- Revenue USD MM (FY20): $4,805.24
- Headcount: 5,400
- Airbnb Citizen: Initiative to share tools for learning and advocacy
- White House equal pay pledge
- White House tech inclusion pledge
- Self audit practices to improve EX
- Supporting human rights campaign for equality
- Airbnb connect program to hire under-represented groups
- Provide a transparent environment
- Easy lines of communication between teams and leaders
- Focus on creating diversity at the workplace
Great people in the team. Good resources and tools.
– In Market Host Acquisition Specialist at Mumbai
Drivers of culture
- Empathy and humanity
- Unconscious bias training for all leaders to promote diversity
- Trust & Openness – Let employees take home company laptops, devices and accessories during the Covid restructuring
- Total ratings on Glassdoor: 1300
- Overall rating: 4.1
- Recommend to friend: 84%
- CEO approval rating: 87%
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid volunteering time
- Generous parental and family leaves
- Annual travel and experiences credit
- Temporary relocation to any country Airbnb operates in
Worked with a lot of wonderful people, had great benefits, and was able to maintain a pretty good work-life balance.
– Software Engineer at California
Diversity and inclusion
- 48.94% – Women workforce in the total headcount
- 34.48% – Proportion of women holding leadership positions
- 52.12% – Representation of other ethnicities in the workforce
I sincerely believe that [discrimination] is the greatest challenge we face as a company. It cuts to the core of who we are and the values that we stand for.
– Brian Chesky, CEO
Partnerships to promote diversity
- Dev color: A non-profit organization to support black software engineers.
- Level playing field: Devoted to building greater diversity by improving civility and fairness in workspaces.
- Yearup: Preparing low-income youth for professional jobs through higher education, training and support.
Match-up to Airbnb!
- Analyse your diversity practices
- Provide support to employees who leave your company
- Be generous and transparent in your interaction with employees