Spotify is a commercial music streaming service that provides restricted digital content from a range of record labels and artists.
- CEO: Daniel Ek
- Mission: To unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
- Revenue USD MM (FY20): $8,055.32
- Headcount: 4,405
- Spotify treats its people as part of a large music band
- 94% employee participation in career development talks
- Workshops on Rockstar Coach, Inclusive Leadership and Tricky Talks to train next gen managers and leaders (770+ attendees, 2019)
- 42% managers and 30% leaders are women
I value agility and learning way more than I value the fact that you’re really good at your job and really good at doing a few things.
– Daniel Ek, CEO and Founder.
- Break the 9 to 5 mentality
- Foster a culture of passion and desire to grow
- Listening to all voices
- Improve eNPS score
Drivers of culture
- Speed trumps quality of iteration
- Team over individual
- Ideas over bureaucracy
- Stay receptive and flexible to drive employee decisions
Great benefits, incredibly diverse, passionate about audio, incentivize learning, easy to move around in a team or role, plenty of colleagues with personality, a handful of world-class engineers that are easy to talk to, and Daniel and C-level management are refreshingly transparent and welcoming.
– Software Engineer in Stockholm
- Total ratings on Glassdoor: 537
- Overall rating: 4
- Recommend to friend: 78%
- CEO approval rating: 92%
- Spotify’s eNPS score increase 12 points to 35 in Q4 2019 Y-o-Y
- Creativity, accountability, courage and curiosity are the core hiring drivers
- Extensive learning opportunities
- 6-month paid parental leave
- Flexible holidays
- Flexible share incentives
- Self-care and mental health
- Global festival tours
Best medical coverage I’ve had in my career. Free catered lunch daily. Decent vacation with ability to work public holidays and take a day off sometime else instead. Only vision and dental are a bit meh. First place I’ve worked where the employee stock options plan has been actually worth anything.
– Software Engineer at New York office.
Match-up to Spotify!
- Conduct bi-annual surveys to figure out eNPS scores
- Focus on mental health
- Provide personalized learning programs
- Nurture your managers into leaders