Square is a merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company that aims to simplify commerce through technology.
- CEO: Jack Dorsey
- Mission: Make commerce easy.
- Revenue USD MM (FY20): $4,713.50
- Headcount: 3,835
- People analytics to check unconscious bias unfairly impacting people promotion and compensation decisions.
- One of the first few big-tech companies out of the valley to announce permanent remote work
- 83% of employees recommend the company to a friend
- Flexible employee benefits
- Wellness and health programs to promote people well being
- Focus on learning initiatives bottom up for new skills building
- Have a comprehensive D&I plan to promote point of views
- Diversity through community
Drivers of Culture
- Progressive and employee friendly
- Purpose driven
- Feedback and collaboration
- Flexible schedules
- Participation and equanimity
The time and energy that management puts into each employee to grow and develop specific areas of improvement was very comforting. Nowhere along my time with Square did I feel like I wasn’t a part of a team. My supervisor used to always tell everyone in the team meeting that we are “ONE DREAM ONE TEAM!” I would absolutely go back to work at Square if I could. A lot of the co-workers I worked with are still working there.
– Former customer success manager at Square.
- Total ratings on Glassdoor: 637
- Overall rating: 4.1
- Recommend to friend: 83%
- CEO approval rating: 89%
- 4-months paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Retirement saving programs
- Flexible time off
- Equity incentive program
Best benefits I have ever had with a company. Insurance is next to nothing and is the best health care program I have seen in a company have. The culture is amazing, and the people do actually care about each other. Management typically has moved through the ranks, and understand where they employees are coming from. All around great place to work.
– A business development manager in California office.
Some development programs
- Leads program for managers to build new skills
- Coaching and one on one mentorship programs
- Access to Skillshare for learning
- In-person, virtual and on-demand workshops on varied topics
Diversity and Inclusion
- 40% – The representation of woman in the workforce
- 26.4% – Women representation in company leadership
- 44.4% – Representation of other ethnic groups in the workspace
- 8.6% – Representation of other ethnicities in leadership
Match-up to Square!
- Invest time and energy in every employee’s specific growth areas
- Groom your succession pipeline