CX for EX

Challenges during Covid-19 pandemic

Employees struggle to cope with remote working
  • Low internet bandwidth impacts work performance
  • Lack of proper workspaces at home affects efficiency
Select industries are unable to operate from home due to security and data privacy concerns
Employee engagement suffers

Managing employee experience during Covid-19

People focused initiatives

Employees perform better when their worries are taken care of

  • Emotional and mental health of the employee is at the forefront
  • Providing a social connect, e.g regular newsletter
  • Managing employees’ personal wellbeing
  • Creating transparency by conducting focus group meetings to personally engage with employees
  • Providing an outlet for feedback
  • Keeping employee morale high with work life integration

The dynamics of remote working for the new generation will be a major departure from the traditional way and the sooner that companies adapt is key for employee engagement in the future.

鈥 Siva Subramaniam, Co-Founder, FBC Asia Pacific Inc

Employees are the interface between business and its clients, a great employee experience in turn enhances the customer experience.

鈥 Mehar Kumar Ullipalem, National Solutions Lead-Collaboration and EUC, NTT Ltd

Technology driven initiatives

Employee experience emerges as a top consideration of every technology purchase decision
Organisations measure a multitude of things leveraging technology:
  • Daily check-ins
  • Quality results
  • Performance metrics
Transforming employee journeys with digital
  • Initiating with employees who are tech savvy
  • Creating hyper personalised experiences with AI
  • Leveraging automation from recruitment to training and monitoring performance; providing feedback on a regular basis
Cloud adoption accelerates
  • Ensures everything is on a single platform. Enables cross-collaboration and provides a singular view of all data and insight in dashboards
  • Allows agents to use a browser to access client tools via the cloud
  • Reduces latency
  • Increases security
Consolidating the data on employees provide holistic insight into employee satisfaction and employee engagement
  • It allows team leaders to target and engage with individuals at the right time with the right methods
  • It creates opportunities to identify trigger points and analyse the conversations agents are having with customers
  • It monitors employees time on productive and non-productive applications, and the organisations can combat disengagement by linking time spent on non-productive applications with skill development and recognition. This helps change the narrative from a micromanagement perspective to a positive personal growth perspective
Growing demand for self-taught training especially from millennials

If you’re not into AI for both your customer and your employee, then you are falling behind.

鈥 Vigneswaran Sivalingam, Senior Director of Operations, TDCX

The power of AI and machine learning gives us the ability to personalise the experience for each individual, which in turn, makes happier employees more engaged employees, reduces attrition levels and stops people wanting to leave because they feel like they’ve got development plans.

鈥 Andy Hardy, Strategic Director Employee Engagement, Genesys

Future

Remote working is a journey for an organisation which can be summarised into 3 areas

1.Space

Providing testing and having conversations on recognition, interaction analytics and emotion detection

2.Technology

a.Measure productivity

b.Measure collaboration

3.Culture

Instil trust in the organisation

The future world is hybrid
  • There will be people based in offices
  • There will be people based at home
  • Many will operate in a hybrid model

Employees want to work in an environment where they are being set up for success & growth! The essential ingredients to cultivate trust and passion.

鈥 Chee Leong Tiew, Client Manager, Digital Workplace, NTT Ltd.

In the next 4-5 years, 80% is going to be agentless interaction, we have to retool the remaining 20% of people to ensure their jobs aren’t going away.

鈥 Siva Subramaniam, Co-Founder, FBC Asia Pacific Inc

Topic:

twimbit insights

Where the world discovers and shapes research

Subscribe